Indigenous Advisory and Monitoring Committee for the Trans Mountain Expansion Project and Existing Pipeline
1. Purpose of the Expression of Interest (EOI)
The Indigenous Caucus (“Caucus”) of the Indigenous Advisory and Monitoring Committee (“IAMC”) on Trans Mountain is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a project managing the IAMC’s new Stream 1 funding program until March 31, 2024 (“the project”). The Stream 1 funding program is being established to give the Caucus greater oversight, flexibility, and direction of funding. The management of the Stream 1 funding program will represent a new way of working for the IAMC and the Caucus. As such, the project delivery partner will be expected to work closely with the Caucus to ensure that challenges that existed under the previous funding model are not replicated.
The project aims to support Caucus capacity, provide Caucus project management services, and oversee the management of agreements supporting Caucus activities. The successful applicant will be expected to enter into a Partnership Agreement with the Caucus to establish a shared understanding of accountability between the project delivery partner and the Caucus.
The Caucus is accepting EOIs until September 30, 2022. Successful applicants will be invited to participate in a targeted Call for Proposals.
- Eligible recipients
Eligible recipients include Indigenous organizations (e.g. Tribal Councils, Indigenous Economic Development Organizations), or where fully endorsed by the Caucus, non-profit entities.
- Eligible activities and costs
The maximum amount payable to the entity for administration of the Stream 1 funding program over the period to March 31, 2024 will not exceed 10% of the total amount allocated to the Stream 1 funding program.
The successful applicant will deliver the project which may include managing contracts and funding for the following:
- Indigenous Caucus contract staff;
- Participation funding (e.g. Caucus members, Indigenous subcommittee members, Indigenous Monitoring Program participants);
- Legal and professional services;
- Communication and engagement;
- Training and professional development;
- Hospitality and events;
- Document management; and
- any activities contemplated in Caucus and Subcommittee workplans or otherwise directed by Caucus and Subcommittees.
The successful applicant must complete two annual reports for Caucus (one for the period ending March 31, 2023; the other for the period ending March 31, 2024). The volume of work is such that the successful entity may require additional capacity to absorb this work.
3. EOI Process
- Selection process
This EOI seeks to identify organizations capable of project managing the IAMC’s Stream 1 funding program.
All EOIs will be screened for eligibility, using the criteria outlined in paragraph (b) below.
All applicants who submit an EOI will be advised of the outcome. Decisions will be communicated to applicants as they become available. Applicants successful in the EOI assessment round will be invited to submit a full application.
- EOI assessment criteria
EOI will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, contract management, and administration of contribution agreements;
- Ability to manage a high volume of workload with strict adherence to timelines;
- Express commitment to continuous communication with the Indigenous Caucus Chair and Caucus Director;
- Orientation towards proactive problem-solving and efficient resolution of issues;
- Indigenous leadership within the applicant organization; and
- Demonstrated experience working with Indigenous communities.
- Request for Additional Information
At any time during the intake and assessment process, an IAMC representative may contact the applicant for additional information.
- Applicants successful under EOI
Applicants selected for further consideration will be invited to submit a full application that will be subject to further assessment. It should be noted however that an invitation to proceed to the full application stage does not in any way guarantee that the project in question will ultimately be recommended for funding.
4. Information required in EOI Application
- Legal Name of Applicant (may be different from operating name)
- Primary Contact Name (person authorized to represent the organization)
- Primary Contact’s Phone Number
- Primary Contact’s Email Address
- Applicant’s Mailing Address
- Applicant Business Number
- Brief Description of Organization and its Mandate
- Explanation of how your Organization meets the assessment criteria
- Biographies of Staff who will be assigned to Project
5. Submitting your EOI Application
Please submit your EOI Application by email to Dean Cherkas, Caucus Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on September 30, 2022.
6. For more information
Please contact Dean Cherkas, Caucus Director, by phone or email.